One of my favorite animated show


Steven Universe

It's an animated TV show of US broadcast by Cartoon Network since 2013; it was created by Rebecca Sugar. The story relates the adventures of a teenager named Steven and his companion’s aliens (and practically moms); Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl, who are part of an ancient group of resistance, The Crystal Gems who promised to protect the life on the earth, and actually have to deal with anything what want to prevent the peace on the planet. The species of the aliens are based on minerals, what in their planet have hierarchies, in the top are the diamonds, and the lower part of the society are the soldiers who the most of them are Quartz.


I discovered and followed this show when I was a fourteen years old, in a difficult moment too, and that part of my life I was used to see Cartoon network. I love this serie because of many reasons; one of them is the art of the show, the backgrounds are colorful, and very creative with a beautiful style, what is influenced by anime. Another reason that I love this is the characters, their development, and the drama. Along the show they have known new things about themselves, of course due to the presence of the protagonist. In the last seasons they have to uncover secrets kept between the members of group what mean the many saddest situations of all of the episodes.
 

This show started like a show directed for a children's audience, but when the episodes past it, the plot got more dense, portraying many situations like the; abuse, dependency, anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, etc. And others better situations like the self-love, how to be mindful, the respect, etc. And have also dedicated to make visible the sexual minorities with respect.


One of my favorite quotes from Steven Universe it was said in the episode 35 of the season 1, "Lion 3: straight to video", and said this: 


“Isn't it remarkable, Steven? This world is full of so many possibilities. Each living thing has an entirely unique experience. The sights they see, the sounds they hear. The lives they live are so complicated... a-and so simple. I can't wait for you to join them.  Steven, we can't both exist. I'm going to become half of you. And I need you to know that every moment you love being yourself, that's me, loving you and loving being you. Because you're going to be something extraordinary. You're going to be a human being”. *

The cast and the crew is composed by many people, thus I’m going to leave at the end a link that specify the full credits. **                                                                                                         
The voices of the principal characters are casted by; Zach Callison, Deedee Magno, Michaela Dietz, and Estelle.


>Something I have to confess it’s the fact of when I was used to see this show, I always did it by internet, because Cartoon Network LA is a shit transmitting his series.


*I just find a page that has the total transcription of the episode, the wonders of the internet. https://steven-universe.fandom.com/wiki/Lion_3:_Straight_to_Video/Transcript


Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Future job

My first Holiday with Friends

Personal Opinions about Cloning